English-language summer job: Camp Coordinator
Lead week-long, native English camps for children in Romania!
Angloville is currently looking for a Romanian Programme Coordinator / Activity Leader to join our team of summer camp staff in Romania as a language camp coordinator.
Angloville is the largest organizer of native English summer camps in Central and Eastern Europe. Over the past six years we helped over 5,000 children improve their English communication skills. We create an English-speaking environment in our students home country by bringing in native speakers from around the world, who help our participants overcome their speaking barriers through more than 70 hours 1-on-1 trainings in a week.
About the position:
As a summer camp programme coordinator you will lead our intensive language camps for children of various age groups (starting from 7 years old) organized in quality resorts in different locations in Romania and carry out related tasks. The role includes preparing materials and schedules, and making sure everyone is having a great time.
The position involves
- attending 4-5 week-long camps during the months of June, July and August leading all the activities, taking care of our Romanian and English-speaking participants
- attending 2-3 days prep and tour before programme.
- Pre and post-programme administration, e.g. writing reviews, analyzing feedback
What we require of a successful candidate:
- Native-speaker of Romanian AND fluent in English (active, confident knowledge)
- Great customer care
- Great leadership skills: being able to lead and inspire our participants,
- Team player: you will be working alongside other coordinators
- Experience with kids (e.g. teaching, camp counseling)
- Some background in camp leadership, teaching or working with groups is a plus
- Familiar with IT-tools and social networks
- Open, communicative personality, great interpersonal skills, creativity, imagination and initiative
- High attention to detail
What we provide:
- Great work environment – working on the most fun language camps in the country!
- A chance to work with bright and motivated kids and teens on a camp they love
- An opportunity to meet English-speakers from all over the world
- Good weekly pay + board and lodging during each programme you will coordinate
- Becoming part of one of the fastest growing educational companies in the region!
The position is based in Romania, transportation from Bucharest to the camp is covered. Applicants residing outside Bucharest are welcomed as well.
Please submit your application – CV english or romanian and a short cover letter via the form below
This opportunity is open from June 2020.
You will have to submit your resume in pdf and a short cover letter, explaining your motivation and why you would be a good fit for Angloville..
Deadline for applications is May 15th.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
We fill positions as qualified candidates are identified, so apply early!
|Job Category||Programme coordination|