English-language summer job: Camp Coordinator and Activity Leader (Junior role)
Lead week-long, native English-speaking camps for children in Romania!
Angloville is currently looking for a Camp Coordinator and Activity Leader to join our summer camp team in Romania.
Angloville is the largest organizer of native-speaking English camps in Central and Eastern Europe. Over the past nine years, we have helped over 10,000 children improve their English communication skills. We create an English-speaking environment in our students’ home country, by bringing in native speakers from around the world, who help our participants overcome their speaking barriers.
About the position:
As a summer camp coordinator you will lead our intensive language camps for children of various age groups (8-11yrs and/or 12-18yrs) and carry out all related tasks. The camps are held in quality resorts within Romania. Transportation to and from the camp is covered from Bucharest, but applicants residing outside of Bucharest are welcomed too.
The position involves
- Attending 3-5 week-long camps during the months of April, June, July and August
- Planning and leading the activities
- Supervision of wakeup, evening routine and curfew patrol.
- Communicate with restaurant manager/staff with respect to participant dietary requirements
- Taking care of our Romanian and English-speaking participants – ensuring they are safe and having a good time
- Attending 2-3 days of prep and the tour before the programme.
- Pre and post-programme administration, e.g. preparing materials and schedules; analyzing feedback and preparing participant feedback/progress reports
What we require of a successful candidate:
- Native-speaker of Romanian AND fluent in English (active, confident knowledge)
- Passionate about working with children, seeing them improve and their confidence grow
- Great customer care
- Great leadership skills: being able to lead and inspire our participants (kids + native speaker)
- Team player: you will be working alongside other coordinators
- Some background with groups and experience with kids (e.g. teaching, camp counseling, etc)
- Familiar with IT-tools and social networks
- Open, communicative personality with great interpersonal skills, creativity, imagination and initiative
- High attention to detail
What we provide:
- Great work environment – working while having fun on the camps!
- On the job training
- A chance to work with bright, motivated kids and teens
- An opportunity to meet English-speakers from all over the world
- Good weekly pay, including board and lodging during each programme you coordinate
- Becoming part of one of the fastest-growing educational companies in the country!
This opportunity is open from June 2020.
The deadline for applications is 29th May 2020.
Your CV can be submitted in English or Romanian (PDF). You will also need to provide a short cover letter, explaining why you would like to be part of the team and how you would be a great fit for Angloville.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they come in, and the positions filled as we find the right candidates – so apply early!
The candidate must commit to stay with Angloville until at least 15th August 2020
|Job Category||Programme coordination|