English-language summer job: Camp Coordinator and Activity Leader*
*Native English-speaker (born and raised in an English speaking environment)
Lead week-long, native English camps for children in Romania!
Angloville is currently looking for a Camp Coordinator and Activity Leader to join our summer camp team in Romania.
Angloville is the largest organizer of native English summer camps in Central and Eastern Europe. Over the past nine years, we helped over 20,000 children improve their English communication skills. We create an English-speaking environment in our students’ home country by bringing in native speakers from around the world, who help our participants overcome their speaking barriers.
About the position:
As a summer camp coordinator, you will lead our intensive language camps for children of various age groups (8-11yrs and/or 12-18yrs) and carry out all related tasks. The camps are held in quality resorts within Romania. Transportation to and from the camp is covered from Bucharest. Applicants residing outside Bucharest are welcomed as well.
The position involves:
- Attending 2 week-long camps during the months of July and August
- Planning and leading the activities
- Supervision of wakeup, evening routine and curfew patrol.
- Communicate with restaurant manager/staff with respect to participant dietary requirements
- Taking care of our Romanian and English-speaking participants – ensuring they have a good time
- Attending 2-3 days of prep and the tour before the programme.
- Pre and post-programme administration, e.g. preparing materials and schedules; analyzing feedback and preparing participant feedback/progress reports
What we require of a successful candidate:
- Native English-speaker (born and raised in an English speaking environment)
- Passionate about working with children, seeing them improve and their confidence grow
- Great customer care
- Great leadership skills: being able to lead and inspire our participants (kids + native speaker)
- Team player: you will be working alongside other coordinators
- Experience working with kids (leadership, teaching, etc)
- Some background working with groups is a plus
- Highly outgoing attitude – open, communicative personality with great interpersonal skills, creativity, imagination, and initiative
- High attention to detail
- Familiar with IT tools and social networks
- Some background in teaching / TEFL certificate is an additional bonus
What we provide:
- Great work environment – working while having fun on the camps!
- A chance to work with bright, motivated kids and teens
- An opportunity to experience firsthand the Romanian culture and people
- An opportunity to meet English-speakers from all over the world
- Good weekly pay, including board and lodging during each programme you coordinate
- Becoming part of one of the fastest-growing educational companies in the country!
This opportunity is open from July 2021.
The deadline for applications is 18th July 2021.
Your CV can be submitted in English (PDF). You will also need to provide a short cover letter, explaining why you would like to be part of the team and how you would be a great fit for Angloville.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they come in, and the positions filled as we find the right candidates – so apply early!
The candidate must commit to staying with Angloville until at least August 7th 2021
|Job Category||Programme coordination|